The Center for Responsible Funding's (CRF) mission is to foster positive change in diverse communities by increasing resources for effective, non-traditional organizations that address critical needs in the greater Philadelphia area.
CRF fulfills its mission by creating and managing workplace giving/combined campaigns that include historically under-funded groups and agencies, thus giving them greater opportunities to receive needed support.
The Center for Responsible Funding:
- Includes groups that target underserved populations in order to address continuing and emerging unmet needs in our communities
- Develops and manages (or co-manages) workplace and combined campaigns at no cost to the employer
- Ensures that beneficiary agencies receive a greater share of donations from participating employees by maintaining low managements fees
- Provides greater donor choice to employers and their employees
- Provides efficient, effective campaigns that are donor-focused and tailors to employers' needs
- Strives to open more workplace campaigns with additional employers to further broaden giving choices in the region.
Founded in 1980, The Center for Responsible Funding is a nonprofit organization incorporated in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania with Federal 501(c)(3) tax.
Today, CRF manages several of the largest work place giving campaigns in the region. For thirty years, the organization has assisted funds and federations in raising more than $45 million through public sector and corporate combined campaigns, including the City of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania and Drexel University.
The following pages provide additional information on combined campaigns and highlight our member groups and existing campaigns. The Center for Responsible Funding would value the opportunity to discuss an employee giving campaign that is right for your business, while promoting public awareness of activities, needs and contributions of the nonprofit sector.